The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on many industries. Businesses and jobs across the world have been adversely affected. However, the good news from the SEO perspective is that you can analyze the available data and the impact it has across different industries. Here are some traffic-related data from various industries-
Essential E-commerce Stores
The search volume for specific keywords like hand sanitizer near me, face masks near me has gone up substantially in the last few months.
Health and Wellness Information
The traffic volume of keywords which are related to health and wellness information like coronavirus symptoms, home remedies, etc. has gone up by 17% ever since the outbreak of the pandemic.
The traffic volume of news related websites has increased by 34%.
Traffic volume of travel-related websites has gone down by -46% because of factors like travel restrictions, hotel and airline queries related to cancellation and refunds, etc.
Food and Recipe Websites
Search volume of food and recipe-based websites has increased by 22%, but the traffic volume of specific categories such as food courts has dipped by 32%.
Search volume of specific categories which are linked to recreation like hiking has gone up by 135%.
Tips Related To SEO
- Analytics data might not provide you with the correct picture of the present condition across different industries.
- Follow Google Trends daily.
- Reduce spending on paid and be prepared for daily management.
- Maximize email and remind customers that you can still deliver products and services.
- Focus on both SEO and content marketing. Learn to promote via webinars and online consultations.
- Make sure that your promotional deals are not related to coronavirus. Focus on holidays and Q4 initiatives.
Ensure that your products and services are marketed efficiently. Pay attention to customer support and help your community.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):